Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Brainy songs

Humans form a strange breed. Not for the fact that they can speak better than chimpanzees or they can invent laptops and even explore the moon. But basically for the fact that things that they do and things that happen to them cannot be always interpreted by the normal ways of science. One of these strange (actually hilarious) things keeps happening to me and I am rather bewildered.You know what.. MY MIND SINGS TO ME!

Sounds strange but yes it does! Infact sometimes the songs are so apt that I am myself surprised at the stupendous intelligence of my brain (hope it could be this intelligent during examinations too).This singing thing actually started about a year back. I was gazing at the visual display unit of my library computer with absolute attention,waiting for the result of some very important exanmination to pop out and just as it did. My heart missed a beat.In plain monotonous font the messege read 'NOT SELECTED' and my mind starts singing to me,'Sapne to bas sapne hote hai,sach hai wo kab apne hote hai.' Phew...How rude! Its actually because of the lack of adequate grey-matter in the brain that all this happened to me and its the brain in turn who is singing to me!Anyways I swallowed the bitter pill,afterall a tussle with the brain would lead to dire consequences;)

In the words of Robert Frost, 'Life goes on' and so after the VDU episode I was trying to bring my life back to track and I decided to work as hard as possible and improve my predicament.One fine day in the middle of my preparation,my brain sings to me,'Magar kya kare ki ye mumkun nahin hai..taare milte nahin aise..taare milte nahin aise.' Now things really got rough.This brain is getting on my nerves.What does it actually try to prove by playing all 'thakela' songs from flop Hindi movies? Songs which I never personally liked are being played to me as a matter of constant indignation. Well anyways I have to survive this tussle and prove that I can survive without its help.

Days passed by and I managed to do well in quite a few exams. The singing though did not cease but I took it as a matter of challenge and a source of constant motivation.However,now my brain had changed its object of disgust. Now it would sing songs that would be aimed at other harmless creatures. Sometimes even my close friends and aquaintances were targeted.And like a strict mentor, I would just try to ignore the singing and not take it too seriously.Afterall,its a stupid whim of my quirky brain who seems to be too much inspired by 'INDIAN IDOL' and is just longing to sing anytime anywhere.

So just the other day, I was reading newspaper and was despising the pathetic performance of team-India in the world cup. Afterall how could they play so badly!In a country where cricket is more than a religion,such a dismal performance is definitely not called for. My brain all of a sudden gets emotional and starts singing aloud,'Kho ke apne par hi to usne tha udna seekha,toote sapnon mein Allah ki marzi ka manzar paayega'

No comments: